He conducts a research and development on Information Infrastructure of universities. And he complies a body of knowledge on Collaborative Learning Environment (CLEBOK) to develop a learning environment in universities.
- Yuji Tokiwa, Koji Nonobe, and Masami Iwatsuki, “Web-based Tools to Sustain the Motivation of Students in Distance Education”, Frontiers in Education Conference, 2009 IEEE.
- Yuji Tokiwa, Makoto Miyazaki, Yuki Yamada, Etsushi Sato, “An instructional practice based on handwritten answer sheets with a course management system”, Frontiers in Education Conference, 2013 IEEE, pp779-781, 2013.
- Junko Toyoshima, Soichiro Fujii, Yuji Tokiwa, “Development of a Mobile-Friendly Classroom Support System to Improve Students’ Presentation Skills”, Frontiers in Education Conference, 2016 IEEE, 2016.
- Yuji Tokiwa, Daisuke Deguchi, Juan Jose Merono Sanchez, Jose Mariano Lujan Gonzalez, Diego del Blanco Orobitg, “Translating Apereo Software: A Case Study using Sakai and Transifex”, Open Apereo Concerence, 2015.
- Yuji Tokiwa, Daisuke Deguchi, Hisashi Hatakeyama, Shoji Kajita, Soichiro Fujii,”Ja Sakai Panel Session”, Open Apereo Concerence, 2016.
- Yuji Tokiwa, Soichiro Fujii, Yuichi Kaji, Daisuke Deguchi, Takahiro Sanada, Shoji Kajita, “Sharing i18n Practices and Issues – Translation, LTI/Caliper, Tool Customization”, Open Apereo Concerence, 2017.
- Japanized Sakai (KEL)
- IR system for universities (Microsoft)
- Research system featuring private cloud (Dell)
- Collaborative Learning Environment with micro blog (Digital Garage)]
- Contents delivery system for Digital Signage (SONY)
- Digital paper solution (SONY)
- The Classwork Assist Box (Fuji Xerox)
- Open Academic Tube (Kokusai Technology Center)
- Network Application Design Theory
- Computer Science Theory